Bienvenidos a todos al Blog de Mérida 2016! Welcome everyone to the Merida 2016 Blog! Team Merida (Vanessa, Sean, Paul and Sonia) all welcome you to keep up with this blog to experience the exciting and unique journey that we are embarking upon this summer!
I am Sonia, and will be maintaining the blog on a weekly basis from Merida.
On the blog, you can expect to find descriptions of what we have done and/or will do on a weekly basis (I will post weekly, usually on Sundays or Mondays) accompanied by pictures and at times videos as well.
Look for our first post after our Orientation in April ;)
In order to start "savoring" Merida, here is some info on the place where we are going to have wonderful experiences:
• Capital of Yucatan State of Mexico
• One of the most important places to experience the Mayan heritage
• Merida has a distinct cultural and political identity as a result of its unique geographic location, strong Spanish influence, and isolation from other parts of Mexico.
• Unique culture and traditions: the local dress, language, cuisine, and the observance of holidays and celebrations
• Close to famous archaeological sites, such as Chichén Itzá and Uxmal
• Close to several ecological wonders, such as cenotes (underwater sinkholes) and exotic bird sanctuaries
Check out this video!